Saturday, June 8, 2013

William is ONE! & Memorial Day

We celebrated William's ONE year birthday last week. It was so fun and he did great during the entire 3 hour time frame. We had an open house style party with family and a few close friends. It was easy going and not a lot of fuss (just how I like it). My best friend, cousin and I made six different dips between the three of us and I bought five different chips (tortilla, potato, pita, pretzel crisps and fritos) to go with the yummy dips. We had pineapple and grapes, sodas, water and of course chocolate cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting. I made William's smash cake using a "healthier" smash cake recipe without added sugar. Don't worry, I frosted it with the homemade cream cheese frosting so he had plenty of sugar through that. I DIY'd some tissue pom poms and pennant banners for decoration. Everything turned out great. 













For Memorial Day we decided to do something different. We headed down to Lone Star Park to watch a few horse races. They were hosting a Food Truck Festival and a petting zoo as well. I love food trucks... the whole concept is pretty darn fun and any food I have ever had from them has been great! One of my favorite things was the sliders! I don't remember what they called them but they had strawberry jam, goat cheese and bacon on them. Delish!!

This was William's first time at a petting zoo. I thought he would be a lot more interested and excited about the animals but not so much. He was pretty much indifferent. I think I had more fun than he did... as you can tell by a few of the pictures below. It was a fun way to spend the day.













One year down and many more ahead. We have loved watching our sweet boy grow up. He is goofy, sweet, loud, stubborn, friendly, happy, loved and best of all... he is ours. We are so grateful for him and the joy he has brought to our lives. It definitely hasn't been an easy year, but we have learned so much. We have learned more on how to be a better husband and wife in the past year than we have in the pasty 5 years that we've been married.




Happy ONE Year with many more to come!! We love you "Willam"!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! How has it been an entire year already?? What a fun birthday party for your sweet little William. Love the chip and dip idea and the containers you served in...SO cute! I'm writing down Lone Star Park for next year's Memorial Day. Food Trucks = happiness. Hope you guys are having a great summer. :)

    ReplyDelete