William is now eating what we eat with the exception of sugary, spicy, salty foods. He loves just about anything with sauce... spaghetti and enchiladas to name a few. He still loves blueberries and bananas. He can eat bananas as fast as you can put them on his tray. He would eat a whole banana in one sitting if I let him. He also loves cheese sticks. He could eat a whole one of those too and I often let him since they are small.
He is becoming more independent by the day. He wants to crawl anywhere and everywhere and get into everything. We recently bought one of those huge coral gates to block off our living room so that he can't escape. However, Toby (our dog) has shown William how to successfully escape. Stinkers! Thankfully, mommy and daddy are still smarter than the dog and the baby so we have found another way to set it up so that neither one of them can get out unless we let them.
He still loves his books. It's cute watching him hold a book and look through it while "talking". Makes you wonder what he is thinking. He also loves anything that isn't a toy... especially paper and electrical cords. We also have a box that his wipes came in that has a picture of a baby on it. He loves to lay there and "talk" to the baby. It's so cute!
Speaking of "talking"... William is saying his first word, "Hi" which sounds like "iiiiee". He says it when we tell him to (most of the time) and says it when he sees people. He has been saying, "mamama" and "dadada" but I'm not sure he associates them with us.
He is also starting to pull up on us. He tried to pull up on the couch but he can't get a good grip so it really doesn't work. He will get there though before too long. I don't think he will be walking by one year but we have 4 weeks and that is a lot of time to learn something new.
I tried taking the basket pictures of him but that wasn't working so well. He does not want anything to do with it. At first, I was frustrated that he wouldn't cooperate but then I realized that taking basket pictures is not as important as his mood. If he doesn't want to take them, we can try again... or not. It doesn't matter. It's not like I have been taking them on time every month anyway. So what if I only have months 2 through 9... it's okay. I have even better, cuter pictures that I snap through out the days anyway.
So... here are some pictures I have taken in the past month. They are not basket pictures, but they are pictures of our cutie pie and thats all you want to see anyway, right?!
So Ben and I made the worst mistake of our parenting lives a few weeks ago. Something that I think every parent probably experiences at some point. William fell asleep in our bed so we decided to leave him there for his nap. We were responsible and put him in the center of our king bed, and put pillows on all sides. We were in the living room (just a room away) watching conference and all of a sudden we hear a "bang" followed by crying. I was so scared, we jumped up and ran in there to find him on the floor. Thankfully... he was on his butt sitting straight up. I say thankfully because he does not know how to sit up from laying down so I knew he had to of landed that way... which means he didn't land on his head or neck. He did however knock his head (between the eyebrows) on the edge of the night stand. You can see the red mark in the picture below. Everything turned out fine and there wasn't any brusing, just a little swelling and a scratch. We will NEVER leave him (or any of our other children) in our bed alone while they are so small. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB! Don't do it! We were blessed to not have anything worse happen.
Escapeeee!
Picnic for lunch in downtown Mckinney. My friend and I ordered sandwiches from "SNUG - on the square" which is now my new favorite place to eat! I had a Bacon Pimento Melt which included, bacon, pimento cheese, candied jalapenos and peach jam on toasted molasses bread. Holy moly that thing was amazing! I've been thinking about it since I took my last bite. Ben and I are going to go back this weekend because he has got to try it... it's not an option!
Daddy was in the area for work so he stopped by to say hi while we were picnicking. William loves his daddy. I do too. :)
Our little book reader.







So sweet! I LOVE that he's getting so big and busy that he doesn't have time for the laundry basket anymore. And I remember that heart-stoppipng thud sound when Savannah fell off the bed when she was about 6 months old. :( Yep, we've all done it. (I might have done it with a couple of the others, too. )
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such awesome parents! LOVE the blog updates. <3
Im so glad we arent the only ones to have ever done that. I think knowing that is the only thing that made me feel better, otherwise I felt terrible. Thanks for always commenting and being so positive and encouraging. :)
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete兔費色情視頻直播間
韓國美女視頻直播間
成人視訊聊天室網
視頻直播聊天室成人
國外免費開放聊天室
免費裸體美女聊天室
色情美女視頻聊天網站
美女裸體免費聊天網站
免費女主播聊天室
Q臺妹-真人摳逼裸聊