Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: Shower Weekend!

A few weeks ago my best friend Jess threw such a fun shower for me (& Ben of course).

It was a fun and busy weekend! It all started on Thursday evening when Jess and her sister Grace came in town from Missouri! We got started right away on crafting and organizing and getting things finished up for my shower. We spent Friday running errands and baking millions of cookies!! I don't know exactly how many dozen but it was A LOT!! My mother in law made her well-loved Chocolate Chip Banana Bars and my friend Allison made the delicious Sugar Cookies!! (Thanks y'all!)

On Saturday morning we ran a few more errands, got ready for the shower and headed out to Ben's Aunt's house where it would be hosted in order to start decorating etc.

The following pictures were taken by my Aunt Karen (Thank you!!!) I am so grateful she took pictures because I totally forgot to. Not that I was suppose to be the one to take pictures but I definitely wanted someone to get pictures of the Milk and Cookies before it all got cleaned up!




                                      





































 I had such a great time and I hope everyone else did too! I am so grateful for my bestie, Jess who has put up with me for 9 whole years! I love her to pieces and so glad she was able to be here with me and all the time and effort she put into making my shower a success! :)

I love that Ben agreed to come for the gift opening, I loved having him there opening gifts with me. I'm pretty sure everyone else loved having him there as well.

I am also grateful for all the family and friends and the generosity of them all! We got tons of great gifts and they keep showing up! Baby William's arrival is just around the corner and we absolutely can't wait!

...and as if you haven't seen so many pictures already, the following pictures are of some of the shower gifts and a beautiful distressed dresser we picked up from Craigs List! I was originally looking for something that could be used through out the house and not just be specific to one room and my plan was to refinish it etc. However, I found this gorgeous piece already refinished and distressed in the perfect color for $75! Score!! I LOVE it!








If you've made it through this post, thanks for hanging in there! :) I hope you enjoy all the pictures as much as I do!

10 Weeks to go!!






1 comment: