Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: Half Way There!

( I look smaller in this picture compared to last week...
 I think I was facing the camera a tiny bit. Oh well... definitely growing!)


How Far Along? - 20 Weeks and 2 Days! - Halfway to our baby! :)

Total Weight Gain? - I am now at 155lbs. Still not at my original weight but gradually working my way up! 

Showing? - Belly is definitely getting bigger and more firm. It is still "hide-able" (not that I want to hide it) but depending on the shirt I wear, especially if it's a little loose, it may be hard for others to tell. However, if I wear a more fitted shirt, you can see that I'm pregnant! :) 

Maternity Clothes? - We went out and bought 2 pairs of maternity yoga type pants, and a long maxi skirt (LOVE) as well as a nice stretchy pair of sweat pants. I looked at the jeans and none of them looked very flattering. I'm still able to button my regular jeans with the occasional unbutton or hair tie trick. So I think I'll be able to make them work. I must say though... if I could just live in stretchy yoga pants forever... I totally would! They are incredibly comfy and totally do-able with a casual sweater etc. 

Stretch Marks? - Thankfully none on the belly yet. Some on the sides but not super noticeable.

Sleep? - I have my good nights and bad nights. As long as the room stays cold and I can feel the fan on my face, I usually sleep pretty good. It's gradually getting easier staying on my side.

Best Moment This Week? - Hitting the half way mark!

Miss Anything? - Sleeping on my tummy and over-medium eggs. Ben's parents took us to breakfast Saturday morning and the fried eggs looked so delicious! They've gotta have a runny yoke to be delicious and it's a bummer that it's not too safe when pregnant. 

Movement? - Everyday and I LOVE it! It's such a comforting feeling. I can't wait until Ben can start feeling it too! 

Food Cravings? - I bet you didn't know that I LOVE Chocolate Milk... and I can finish a bag of Flipz Milk Covered Pretzels in one sitting, no problem.  Still no major "cravings" as of yet. 

Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick? - Not so much anymore

Gender Prediction? - Still thinking it's a boy but we will be completely ecstatic over a girl too! :) We just want a happy, healthy baby! 

Labor Signs? - No

Symptoms? - I am feeling so good. No major symptoms. Some headaches every once in a while... and I think heartburn. Never had it before but sometimes my throat/esophagus will get an annoying burning sensation so I take a couple Tums and it seems to go away after that.

Belly Button in or out? - In (I have an "outie" to begin with but it doesn't stick out above my stomach. I'm wondering though if I'll have a little knob when my belly button finally "pops"... How funny will that be?! lol!

Wedding Ring, On or Off? - On!

Happy or Moody most of the time? - Happy! :) 

Looking forward to:  6 more days until February 6th!!! Anatomy Scan and GENDER REVEAL! We are so hoping that the little one is healthy and up to date. Looking forward to finally calling "it" a him or a her! 

Baby is the size of a: Banana!




Fun Facts: 

Average Size:  7inches and 11ounces

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!




I love watching my belly grow over the weeks. I am definitely starting to "feel" more pregnant. I am so grateful to be feeling well without any major complaints. Baby is on the move all the time, it's such a fun feeling!


I was pinning some things on the bulletin board at church on Sunday and an acquaintance of mine said hello and asked how I was doing (she hadn't heard that I was pregnant) I told her I was doing great and then asked how she was. She then stopped, turned toward me and said (as she pointed to her own stomach), "What's this?!" :) It was a very brave thing for her to ask... but I am SO glad she did because it's not donuts, it's baby! She was the first person who hadn't heard I was pregnant, that pointed it out... meaning I am starting to show to the outside world! Yipee!! 


Gender Reveal is Monday morning at 9:30. Praying for a happy, healthy baby! I will post the reveal by NOON on Monday, so meet me back here to find out what we are having! 




1 comment:

  1. So exciting! You are going to LOVE having this record of your pregnancy in the years to come...especially when Babies #2, #3, etc. etc come along. You totally need to print this in one of those keepsake books. LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing with all of us. Can't wait for reveal day!

    ReplyDelete