Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 21 Weeks!


(Yucky last minute picture... hopefully you can tell I was tired!)


How Far Along? - 21 Weeks! 

Total Weight Gain? - Now weigh 156lbs. - 2lbs. to go before I reach my "pre-pregnancy" weight. Crazy to believe it's taken this long to get to that point but grateful to be healthy and not gaining excessively.

Showing? - Still a gradual progress. Ben said this morning, "You are definitely starting to show now." It's about time!! :) 

Maternity Clothes? - A few, the same as last week. LOVE my maxi skirt and yoga pants. 
I think baby does too, there's more room to dance around.  

Stretch Marks? - Thankfully none on the belly yet. Some on the sides but not super noticeable.

Sleep? - Same as before, good nights and bad nights. Sometimes I wake up with sore ribs from staying on my side. I toss and turn quite a bit more but feel well rested for the most part. 

Best Moment This Week? - 

Miss Anything? - Sleeping on my tummy. 

Movement? - Everyday and I LOVE it! Last night Ben and I were laying in bed talking and I knew the baby was awake cause I felt movement but then WHAM!! I jumped and said, "ouch!" Totally caught me off guard but he/she obviously thought it was NOT the time to be sleeping. I'm feeling about 1 strong kick a day or every other day... sometimes its on the bladder which is not the most pleasant feeling. I know I'll miss it though :) 

Food Cravings? - Ben brought home a huge container of Nesquick powder the other day. It definitely made my day... who knew?! :) 

Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick? - Not so much anymore

Gender Prediction? - Hmmm... as my last guess... I'll say girl just to switch it up a little bit. Maybe my dreams have been playing tricks on me. Who cares what I think anymore, we find out in 18 hours if "IT" is a boy or girl! I. CANT. WAIT.

Labor Signs? - No

Symptoms? - Round ligament pains are back and not as dull as they were in the first trimester. They are definitely sharper and cover a larger area. Sometimes it's hard to stand up and walk because it hurts. Other than that, I am feeling great!

Belly Button in or out? - In (I have an "outie" to begin with but it doesn't stick out above my stomach. I'm wondering though if I'll have a little knob when my belly button finally "pops"... How funny will that be?! lol!

Wedding Ring, On or Off? - On!

Happy or Moody most of the time? - Happy and Anxious...

Looking forward to:  Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you, Tomorrow, you're only a DAY away!! Needless to say, I am so looking forward to seeing our baby for the first time tomorrow, to see the arms and legs, fingers and toes. We have been praying for a happy, healthy baby and know that whatever happens is according to God's will. And of course, we are looking forward to finding out if we have a son or daughter :) 

Baby is the size of a: Spaghetti Squash





Fun Facts: 

Average Size: 8in. and 1lb. 

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.


It's so amazing to know that whatever I eat right now, the baby can taste!! With that little known fact... I am pretty sure baby is going to LOVE chocolate milk and mexican food! I've consumed plenty of both in the last few weeks! Thankfully I do eat pretty healthy overall and I am not a big "junk" eater. 

I am also amazed that in such a quick time the baby has gone from a tiny little poppy seed to a big ol' spaghetti squash! I remember the blueberry and raspberry days... ready for the baby days!! 


We are headed to the Birthing Center tomorrow morning at 9:30am to see our baby for the very first time and to find out if it's a He or She! 

Meet me back here tomorrow at NOON to find out for yourself!!  :) 

1 comment: