Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 19 weeks!



How Far Along? - 19 weeks... almost halfway! :) 

Total Weight Gain? - Starting to see an increase... 153lbs. now. When I talked to my midwife last Tuesday she wasn't a bit concerned. She told me "don't try to gain weight"... to keep doing what I'm doing and all will be well :) 

Showing? - I think so, each week little by little. Not sure that it's obvious to strangers though. 

Maternity Clothes? - I have wore a few tops so far. Still fitting into my regular jeans, although the hair tie trick is being used more often!

Stretch Marks? - Still just a few on my sides. 

Sleep? - It's getting harder only because I am really trying to stay on my left side (best for pregnancy). I was a stomach sleeper before so it's getting harder for sure. I'm pretty much use to the potty breaks in the middle of the night. 

Best Moment This Week? - We went to our 18 week appointment this past Tuesday and all is well. We got to hear the wonderful heart beat at 160bpm. We even heard baby kick the doppler which was fun :) 

Miss Anything? - Hot showers, and sunny side up eggs (made fried eggs this morning and was sad remembering that its best to stay away from runny yolks. boo!)

Movement? - Yes, Yes, Yes! :) Finally some movement. Ever since last week I have been feeling movement daily. Still mostly soft little nudges, I am able to recognize it more often (not just when laying down). I actually think I'm starting to feel some stronger kicks this evening. Love this feeling! :) 

Food Cravings? - Chocolate Milk, of course! I can't really say I "CRAVE" anything particular these days. However, Mexican food is something I'm usually always in the mood for (same as before pregnancy) so it's not exactly a "craving". I could do without if I had to. But seriously, Chocolate Milk every day. :) 

Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick? - Not so much anymore

Gender Prediction? - Still thinking it's a boy but we will be completely ecstatic over a girl too! :) We just want a happy, healthy baby! 

Labor Signs? - No

Symptoms? - I am feeling so good. No major symptoms. Some headaches every once in a while... and I think heartburn. Never had it before but sometimes my throat/esophagus will get an annoying burning sensation so I take a couple Tums and it seems to go away after that.

Belly Button in or out? - In

Wedding Ring, On or Off? - On!

Happy or Moody most of the time? - Happy! :) 

Looking forward to: Can't wait until Ben is able to feel baby too! He is going to love it! February 6th!!! Anatomy Scan and GENDER REVEAL! We are so hoping that the little one is healthy and up to date. Looking forward to finally calling "it" a him or a her! 

Baby is the size of a: Large Mango (not sure why my app still says Mango... oh well)



Fun Facts: 

Average Size: 6.5 in. and 10 oz.

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats 
baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid.




1 comment: