Friday, January 13, 2012

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas!

I love love love Mexican food. It has got to be one of my favorites. When I was in my first trimester I was a little disappointed because Mexican food did not sound appetizing at all. I remember Ben and I going to Chuy's (our fave tex-mex around here) for dinner one night. I felt I could probably find something on the menu that my stomach wouldn't hate me for. I ordered 2 meatless tacos with beans and rice and of course the lettuce and tomato etc that they put on the side. I barely ate one and had enough. I remember I had to suck on a peppermint in between bites to keep my stomach calm. Crazy. I told Ben I would like to have some sopapillas... funny enough, I scarfed those babies down like there was no tomorrow! 

I am so thankful that my food aversions have gone away for the most part and Mexican food loves me all over again. I have been craving anything beans, rice, sour cream, you name it. Ben was in the mood for some Chicken Enchiladas so as I was searching online for a good recipe I came across THESE from a blog called Kevin & Amanda. They looked pretty darn easy so I decided to give them a try... 

Here is my finished product along with some Homemade Mexican Rice and a small side of lettuce and tomato : 


I'd have to say these were creamy, cheesy and delicious! I will definitely be putting into my favorite recipe binder and make it again when the craving for chicken enchiladas comes up. I may even make a batch to freeze for a quick meal after the little one comes in June! 

If you like creamy chicken enchiladas, give it a try! I totally recommend the Mexican rice as well... it takes a little longer than I would have liked but it gave me an awesome excuse to use my new Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware in the oven! Love that it can transfer without any harm!

I am so glad (or should I say "we" are so glad) that I am in the mood to cook again! I still have those days where I don't even want to touch a pan let alone step foot in the kitchen. I'm sure we all have those days though, pregnant or not. But I am grateful that food sounds good to me again and that I can provide delicious, substantial meals to my husband and I. I honestly can't wait to be able to feed my growing family in the years to come! I'm looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment