Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 17 Weeks



How Far Along? - 17 Weeks and 2 Days! 

Total Weight Gain? - no more than last week (C'mon already!!)

Showing? - a tiny bit more than before... a little belly but I still haven't "popped"

Maternity Clothes? - I bought 6 cute shirts from Target yesterday... a few I can wear now and the rest I am saving for when my belly gets bigger. 

Stretch Marks? - A few on my sides but that's all.

Sleep? - Getting up to pee every night around 3am is not my definition of good sleep but I imagine it's more sleep than what I'll get come 5 months and beyond! 

Best Moment This Week? - Cleaning and organizing our 1 bedroom to make space for baby!  It's amazing how much space you have when you get RID of STUFF you DON'T NEED! It's really freeing. 

Miss Anything? - Being able to do daily chores/errands without lower back pain.

Movement? - There have been a few times where I've questioned if movement is what I felt... still trying to discern between twinges of pain and literal baby movements.

Food Cravings? - Still Braum's (or any other place) chocolate shakes with french fries, clementines, chocolate milk, wheat thins and string cheese. I actually ate an egg salad sandwich today which was a new one... in my first trimester I couldn't stand the taste or smell of eggs.

Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick? - Not so much anymore

Gender Prediction? - Boy (I've had THREE dreams of a baby boy. Only one of a girl)

Labor Signs? - No

Symptoms? - Lower Back Pain, Dry Skin

Belly Button in or out? - In

Wedding Ring, On or Off? - On and loose

Happy or Moody most of the time? - Happy! :) 

Looking forward to: My next appointment... seems like forever away even though its just a little over a week. I like to see and feel progress.


Baby is the size of a: Onion!


Fun Facts: 

Average Size:  5.1in. and 5.9oz.

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

* * * * * * 

On Saturday Ben and I worked on organizing our Apartment and getting rid of stuff we've accumulated. It seems like we do this more than once a year... and still, we find ourselves getting rid of tons of STUFF! Salvation Army recieved four trash bags full of donations. I don't know how all this stuff surfaces. I think this time around especially... we actually got rid of stuff we've passed up before thinking "someday" we will use it. It feels so good to get rid of things and realize how much space we really do have in our 736sq. ft. home.

Our lease will be up in September, just three months after the baby is born. As much as I'd love to move into a 2 bedroom apartment (or buy a house, in my dreams for now) and have lots of room... I DON'T want to start packing up things and moving with a 3 month old. It would be way too stressful and way too taxing on Ben, who would basically be responsible for getting everything MOVED. It's just too much and I don't think it's really that necessary. The baby is not going to take up that much space so I think it's perfectly do able without feeling squished! 



No comments:

Post a Comment