Well... according to Dave Ramsey, being weird = being debt free (minus a MODEST mortgage).
In this case... who wouldn't want to be weird?!
Hubby and I have decided our goal for this year is to get out of the four letter word...DEBT!
It has been our desire for a while to get rid of the crazy bills that we have been slaves to. Yes, when you are making payments on a car, student loans etc... you do not "own" that item. The item simply "owns" YOU! ... yuck. Although convenient at times, financing things can spin you in a whole world of trouble if you are not careful.
Thankfully, we are not in that much debt that it will take a long time to rise above. We have a plan and budget that works for us... and if we continue to commit ourselves to the plan, we will be officially WEIRD by May of next year! Woohooo! :)
I am grateful for this challenge and look forward to the blessings that will come from living a debt free life!
_ _ _ _ _ _
Some Favorite Recipes Right Now
(So simple and delicious; I used chopped jalapeƱos instead of the onion and red bell pepper because thats what I had on hand.)
(A-mazing! This soup is great whether you are following the recipe to the T or as a foundation for your creativity! I have used leeks instead of other veggies, I have left out the ham and tonight I think I'll add some broccoli! Have fun with it and mix things up! It is the best potato soup I have ever had.)
(I can't help it... it's comfort food and I like to be comforted. Anyone can make this... way simple, hearty and absolutely fantastic if you are in the mood for some rib-stickin food. I often use chicken instead of cube steak for this recipe. Make sure you pound the chicken flat with a tenderizer before breading it.)
(this soup is suppose to be a "copy cat" of Olive Garden's soup... I have never had their soup because OG isn't our favorite but this soup was impresive! Very delicious, creamy and hearty.)
I know these recipes aren't the most healthy ones out there but they are the most recent ones that we have added to our "Make Again" list.
If you get the chance to make a few of these meals... let me know how you liked it!!
-Amie
No comments:
Post a Comment