It was so nice to be in Myrtle Beach last weekend. I loved being able to see my brother get married to a wonderful girl and spend some time with my mom! We were pretty busy taking care of wedding things but each night we were able to walk down to the beach and admire all the waves rushing in. There is something so peaceful and serene when walking out there at night when everyone has gone back to their hotels. Although it would be scary to actually be out on the ocean at night... its absolutely breathtaking when looking at it from the sand! As much as Ben and I love to admire it... we couldn't live there. The town is too "touristy" for us and in some parts... way too "redneck". (i.e. - while getting my hair done at a salon, one stylist says to another... "Hey Mary Catherine, where can ya find a trailer hiiitch?")
The beach during the day... not a good picture but you know...
I love my mom! :)
The wedding was beautiful and Caleb and Jill looked stunning! I look forward to watching them grow even more as a couple and seeing their family develop over the years! They really do make a great pair!
This is kind of a goofy picture but I love it!
If you are ever in Myrtle Beach or around the area you MUST visit Carolina Roadhouse! They have some really GOOD food!! The only thing I have had there.. but keep going back for is their Entree Chef Salad! It has lettuce (of course...) ham, turkey, bacon, tomato, egg, cheese, almonds and probably a few other things with honey mustard, bacon dripping dressing (you mix them together) and Oh My!! It is by far the best salad I have ever eaten!! Sooo stinkin Yum!
My super delicious salad!!
Ben decided he would be adventurous and either go BIG or go home! Well... lets just say they weren't lying when they named this thing "The Killer Dog". Talk about a beast of a hot dog!! Thank goodness we were all sharing off of eachothers plates because there is no way I'd let him eat that whole thing...even though he could have!!
"The Killer Dog"
Anyway... the trip home was nice. It only took us 15 and 1/2 hours to get back! We hit cruise controlled and hardly had any delays! It's been nice being back home! Especially since the kids have Equestrian camp all this week... I have been able to get some rest and catch up on the daily chores.
Very excited for the Family Reunion this weekend! SO excited to mingle with relatives! Most people would cringe at the thought of a family reunion... but what can I say... I love my family and love meeting new people!
Love,
Me!
P.S. comments are loved :)
No comments:
Post a Comment