I have to admit it was a little hard for me because it's something I had turned in to a habit. I use to check it every day, multiple times a day...and spend hours a day just browsing pictures, status' etc. That's exactly why I needed to deactivate my account. Like many people, I was addicted to Facebook!
We had an awesome presentation during Sunday School this past Sunday. It was about Personal Revelation and Distractions. It was so powerful and I know the spirit was there. I had a strong impression to delete my FB account. I questioned the impression at first but then I realized how FB was taking up way to much of my time...and the sad thing is that I was allowing it to do so. I was allowing it to keep me away from furthering my education, making myself a better person, cleaning my home... and ultimately paying attention to person to person contact. We must see things "as they really are" and not get sucked in to the virtual world. Facebook for me, was a MAJOR Distraction!! It feels good to let go of it!
For those of you who would like to keep up... I will do my best to update this blog once a week or twice a month... but please note that this blog is not my priority. Posting will come after I take care of everything else.
Thanks for understanding!!
-Amie
No comments:
Post a Comment