Thursday, December 27, 2012

William's First Christmas

The past week and a half has been so fun as we have spent time with both sides of the family. It has definitely made for a memorable first Christmas with a little one. I hope William can look back at these pictures and know how much his family loves him!! 

Our first Christmas activity was last weekend and it was a party at my cousin Jennifer's house. I didn't get a lot of pictures but we had a great time seeing distant family I hadn't seen in a while and allowing Ben to meet them for the first time. On our way to the party we got pulled over for going 40 in a 30. We were unfamiliar with the area and had no idea it was 30mph through out the whole city. The officer gave us a hard time and we weren't sure how to read him. At first we thought he was going to write us a ticket... $100 kept flashing through my mind. Then, he handed Ben his license and insurance card and said... "At least you didn't try and bribe me. The other cars I have stopped today have tried to bribe me with food." I then told him we had cookies and he was more than welcome to have some! He politely declined, gave us directions to where we were headed and then told us to hang on a second and went back to his car. I thought, there is no way this guy is going to be all funny with us and then write us a ticket!! Luckily, when he walked back to our car, he had a roll of sheriff stickers. He gave one to William and then decided Ben and I needed to have one too. I can't say I get pulled over very often and I definitely have never received a sticker over a ticket!! What a nice officer and what a blessing! :) 

Jennifer and Joel's House 




This past weekend we went up to Burk to visit more of my side of the family. My cousin, Katelyn has a 10 month old named Brylee so it was a lot of fun celebrating both our babies first Christmases. Before our little ones came a long it had been 16 years since there was a true baby in the family. Everyone just gobbles them up! 










 my target on the left, Ben's on the right.... not too shabby for my first try in a long time!! 



So, as we were headed home from Burk around midnight... we got pulled over by a State Trooper. As his lights came on I wrongly accused Ben for speeding. He told me he wasn't speeding so we were so confused as to why we were being pulled over. Turns out, our right head light was out. He looked us over and wrote us a warning and let us be on our merry way. Not even 10 minutes down the road ANOTHER State Trooper pulls us over!! Totally serious... we are laughing at this point yet a little frustrated too. All we wanted to do was get home. He comes up to the car shining his flash light inside etc, we roll down the window, he tells us why he pulled us over and this time we were able to say, "yep, we know... one of your buddies just pulled us over not even 10minutes back, you guys are good!!" Thankfully he saw the warning and let us go but told us we may run in to a few more troopers on our way home. I am so glad we were able to get home without being pulled over for a third time in one night!! Ben and I are not ones to get pulled over... how is it that we get pulled over THREE times in a week! We are so grateful that none of them involved tickets!! 

 Looky what I was blessed with!! :) The awesome family I work for got me this! I'm still pinching myself. I have been wanting one of these beauties for a long time now and kept putting it off. I LOVE it!!! 

 William and his new Taggie puppy from his papa (my dad)!! 

Christmas Even party with the Ivy side

 Great Grandma Kate 

 Making Ornament Oreo Balls with my mother and sister n law... so cute! 



Christmas Morning at our house with Ben's parents and siblings! 











 Awesome letters and numbers from Grandma Margo 

 Settler's of Catan (Cities and Knights)... I use to hate this game but have grown to enjoy it over the years! 



Leave it to Texas to surprise us with the first snow of the season on Christmas Day! It just kept falling! I loved being able to open the blinds and watch it!  


  William loved it too! 





We hope yall had a happy and blessed Christmas!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment