Our sweet little guy is doing so wonderful. I will update more about his 2 months soon but I wanted to post about what happened to his poor eye, first. Around his one month birthday he did have to go in for an unexpected procedure though which was so tough on him and us as his mommy and daddy.
What started as a "no big deal" clogged tear duct...
became a "little more of a big deal" clogged tear duct...
and a WHOA... BIG deal BLOCKED, INFECTED tear duct in a matter of a few days!
We were referred to an Ophthalmologist right away and our baby boy was scheduled for a probing procedure that evening. He was put under general anesthetics and the Dr. had to compress the bulge to release all the built up mucus. Then, she had to stick a tiny wire probe down his duct to clear the passage.
Our poor sweet baby after the procedure...
Ben says, "You should see the other guy..." :)
Mommy and Daddy hated seeing him like this. It was so so hard. The Dr. instructed us to decompress the area every 10-20minutes through out the night as it filled up with mucus. When she said decompress, she meant to press very firm (she used us as an example and it was a lot of pressure for us... so for a baby, I was scared to even do half that amount of pressure!!!) I told Ben he would have to be the one to decompress, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. However, the nurse told me I really should be doing it too.. that as hard as it may be, I am his mommy and I need to do it because it's what needed to be done. I was an emotional mess. I was scared, nervous and simply overwhelmed. I finally got to the point of doing it and although he screamed and cried like crazy, I was able to calm him down within 30seconds. It was then that I realized that being a parent is so hard. Sometimes you have to do hard things in order to do what is best for your child. I knew it wouldn't last forever and knowing that it was going to make him better was the only thing that kept me brave enough to continue doing as the Dr. instructed.
The procedure was on a Thursday and the scab sluffed off by Monday. His eye healed so fast and underneath that scab was fresh, new, beautiful baby skin! It's truly amazing to see the body heal so fast and so perfectly. We couldn't be more grateful!
I hope we never have to go through that again... but I know there will be many more hard, challenging times ahead. I have learned that Parenthood truly is one of the hardest most rewarding jobs there is.
We love our William! :)





Aaa I just saw this post. THat infected photo makes me want to cry!! I am so glad he is better. I am amazed you had to do that stuff to get him better. Phew
ReplyDelete同城寂寞異性男女交友
ReplyDelete一對一私聊福利
免費聊天同城交友約炮
唐人社區午夜美女直播
同城炮床友qq號
尺度大的直播app有哪些
約砲聊天室
夜間寂寞裸聊聊天室
真人午夜裸聊直播間
同城寂寞男女交友網