Monday, February 13, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 22 weeks and 1 day!




How Far Along? - 22 Weeks and 1 day! 

Total Weight Gain? - I am finally back up to my original weight of 158lbs. They were right when they said "don't try to gain weight, it will happen eventually." It sure has started happening, I'm getting bigger by the day.

Showing? - Definitely showing now. I get so excited when people notice and point it out. Gaining weight and growing a bigger stomach isn't exactly something women wish for... but this has been the most amazing experience seeing my stomach grow. I can't tell you how many times Ben tells my I'm beautiful and how much he loves me. Of course he said so before I got pregnant but I hear it so much more now and it means the world to me! 


Maternity Clothes? - I am still in my regular jeans, I keep meaning to buy some belly bands because they definitely can't stay comfortably buttoned nowadays... even the ones that were a bit loose to begin with. I am wearing a mix of regular and maternity. 

Stretch Marks? - Still no stretch marks except the few I've had on my sides. 

Sleep? - Sleep is getting better... just gotta get use to being on my side without my arm going numb or my ribs getting sore. 

Best Moment This Week? - Having our very first sonogram and getting to see our sweet baby boy! What an awesome sight! :) 

Miss Anything? - Sleeping on my tummy, Walking around stores without my back hurting.

Movement? - I definitely have a mover in there! He is finally kicking hard enough that Ben can feel him on the outside. I am starting to recognize his sleep patterns more and more and it's so fun that he wakes up around the same time as I do. He will especially start moving when Ben wakes me up and says good morning etc. This evening I felt him "rotate"... it was pretty cool! I don't know if it was his butt, head, knee, elbow etc. but I felt a rounded motion, different than the sudden "kick". 

Food Cravings? - Still haven't had any crazy cravings... but Mexican food and BBQ is always tasty. Chocolate Milk <3

Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick? - Nope

Gender Prediction? - It's a BOY!! :) I can now say my dreams literally came true! Had three dreams of a baby boy and had the feeling all along... so fun to learn that my guess was right on! 

Labor Signs? - No

Symptoms? - Round ligament pains are back and not as dull as they were in the first trimester. They are definitely sharper and cover a larger area. Sometimes it's hard to stand up and walk because it hurts. Also... a few H's here and there. I don't want to bother you by saying the word... it's gross. Other than that, I am feeling great!

Belly Button in or out? - For it being an "outie" in the first place but a little sunken in... it's actually almost all the way out... if that makes sense?!

Wedding Ring, On or Off? - On!

Happy or Moody most of the time? - Happy!

Looking forward to:  Our 22 week appointment tomorrow afternoon! Also, celebrating our last Valentine's day as a couple without kids. (but definitely looking forward to the future Valentine's days with kids!!)

Baby is the size of a: Papaya! 


Fun Facts:

Average Size: 11in. and 1.2lbs.

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.




I know the video only showed a few sonogram pictures so here are some more for you to see...








We had so much fun hearing from family and friends after they watched the video reveal! Everyone was so excited yet so frustrated all at the same time. I kept laughing through out the day as I'd receive phone calls and text messages about how cruel I was to put them through such a thing! :) It was such a fun way to do the reveal and I wouldn't have changed a thing! 



Thanks for all the love and support! :) 




17 weeks and 5 days to go! 



1 comment: