Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Few-New Discoveries!

I have discovered a few treats this week that I am pretty much in love with! They both sound a bit strange but they are super delicious!

1.) Black Bean Brownies - yep, I know... sounds pretty gross right? I finally worked up enough courage to make these and they are pure magic! I seriously could NOT detect the "black bean" flavor and better yet... the kids that I take care of (very picky) gobbled two - each! J said they were the best brownies he's ever had!! (yesss!) I fooled Hubby and the in laws and they all really enjoyed them as well! I told them the ingredient but did NOT tell the kids! They'd probably never touch them again.

The recipe I used was from a blog called I Dare You To Eat It . I mainly chose this one because it was SOO simple and I didn't want to go through all the trouble of making them from scratch and they turn out tasting like poo. I am pretty sure you can use any brownie mix you want. I used Betty Crocker "Frosted" brownie mix because who doesn't like frosting? Plus, I thought it would help make them look ten times more appetizing given the special ingredient. Another bonus? These brownies are dairy free. No egg or milk needed. I give this treat a HUGE thumbs UP! :)

2.) Homemade Banana Ice Cream - As complex as this recipe may sound... it is probably the cheapest, healthiest, easiest ice cream around! Believe it or not... all you need
is some "banana bread-ripe" bananas, a freezer and a blender/food processor.

This recipe is all over the place but I saw it at Instructables The results? Awesomeness! Two bananas makes about a cup and a half. Drizzle with honey, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, preserves...whatever your little heart desires! Bonus? You could totally get away with eating this for breakfast without justification... your kids will probably think you are the coolest (if they don't already)! This ice cream is 100% dairy free!! Yum!

So there you have it: Black Bean Brownies and Banana Ice Cream. Add them together and you get one super delicious, healthy mega treat!







By the way... I have nothing against dairy products, I actually LOVE them. These recipes just so happen to both be dairy free which definitely couldn't hurt! :)

So what are you waiting for!? Go try them. I can pretty much promise you won't be disappointed... unless for some odd reason you don't like chocolate or bananas in which case... we need to have a talk!

Love,
Amie

1 comment:

  1. WOW Amie! You are my new cooking idol! I'm definitely going to have to try BOTH of those. And they're VEGAN! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete