Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Step by Step


2009 has come to a close and I can't help but review the past year. Last night Ben and I had a conversation about what we want to happen in the near future and to me, it kind of felt like that's what we have been trying to do ever since we got married a year and a half ago. I have come to realize that I was wrong to think that. Sometimes it's hard to see that you are getting anywhere when you don't look at how far you've come. So as I look back at this past year I have realized that we have in fact taken more steps toward our goal! The phrase "Patience is a Virtue" isn't just some silly sentence. It has such a true meaning. (We can't expect to get to our goals over night... but it takes a step by step effort towards your journey and before you know it... you've made it.) There will be obstacles to get around but as long as we keep focusing on our goal... we will get there.

So what have we taken care of this year...

*We celebrated our 1st year of marriage!!
*We moved to a better location and nicer apartment.
*We got a puppy...whom we have potty trained and taught how to sit, stay, lay down, roll over, move in a circle, shake, hi-5, touch, dance and speak.
*Ben got a new job and was moved up to Team Lead within 6months of working there.
*The job has amazing health benefits
*We have been able to invest some money in st
ocks
*Ben was treated for skin cancer and it was 100% removed.
*We didn't lose our jobs
*We were called to serve in the Nursery at church -- together!! :)
*My crazy student loans are finally under control and are slowly getting paid off!
*We made our first big appliance purchase! (Washer and Dryer) They are gorgeous!! :)

I'd say we got quite a bit accomplished in this past year. I guess I am just eager to be able to buy our first home and to start a family soon. But we want to get our ducks in a row before then and that takes time. Not always our time, but the Lord's time.

I am grateful for a loving husband who makes me laugh and puts up with me. I am grateful for his patience and for his dedication and hard work. He is always trying to improve the space around him and he is always there for me. I love him more than anyone and I will continue taking each step with him toward our short term and long term goals! I am grateful to have a hand to hold on this journey called - LIFE!

I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for a Merciful Heavenly Father. May we always count our blessings and let them move us forward!




Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment