Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Family of Four!

Gone are the days of being a family of three. We are officially a family of four and loving it!

Look who's here! 


Jude Maxwell Ivy 
June 27th - 9:04am
7lbs. 6oz - 20in. long




We are so excited to finally have Jude join the family. He is such a calm, sweet baby and so far only cries when naked or when I don't nurse him fast enough. He likes to nurse every couple hours on average but we have had a couple nights where he went 3-4 hours which was SO nice! Let's hope I am not speaking too soon! ;) We all know once a routine is established with a baby, it is sure to change.

William loves his new baby brother but he has definitely noticed some changes. For the most part he is adjusting well but this past Sunday, Ben took him to church especially so he could socialize in nursery and he wanted NOTHING to do with it. He kicked, screamed, cried etc. and no snack or sticker could coax him into staying. We've had no problems with him and nursery in the past. From 18 months he has been so happy to go but not this time. Today I had arranged a playdate with one of his little buddies, he has been to this friends house plenty of times before and was so excited to go until we got there. Then, he started to say, "I dont like Logan's house" and didn't want to go inside. He just clung to me for about 10 minutes. Thankfully, he warmed up and Logan's mom was able to walk him upstairs with no fuss and he happily played for a couple hours. Phew!



Birth Story to come.



2 comments:

  1. ugh...I can't believe it's been months since I've wandered to your blog. Looks like you've been a little busy, too, though. Congratulations on your sweet baby, Jude. LOVE LOVE that name! And looking forward to the rest of the birth story whenever you have a minute to get back to blogging. Hope your sweet family is doing well. <3

    ReplyDelete