Monday, December 12, 2011

Summer 2011 in a Nutshell

Our summer was amazing! We got to do a variety of things we'd always wanted to do... but never had the time to just get away and do!

We were able to go to Missouri in June to visit my dad & step mom as well as my best friend and her family! I didn't get many pictures from that trip so I haven't posted any of them... but it was such a good trip. Ben and I had not been up there in the 3 years that we'd been married. It was much overdue.

Once we got home from Missouri we realized that we both had 10 days of paid vacation coming up in August. I said to Ben, "wouldn't it be cool if we could go to Colorado, Salt Lake and then to Vegas?" he said, "Why not? Lets do it!" Needless to say, I was so excited. I had never really been to the western side of the country and always wanted to!

Our first stop was Colorado to visit my older brother, sister in law and nephew. This was our first time being able to make it out there to see them after much talk of doing so. We will definitely be going back as soon as possible. We had a blast!


We bought Cayden his first box of Legos... this is how we spent our mornings...



The next day we went to the mountains to go hiking and camping.
Colorado is BEAUTIFUL!


Setting up our campsite






My brother Cody and I




After Colorado we headed up to Salt Lake City to see Temple Square for the first time!!



Loved all the gorgeous flowers!




... and LOVED and still CRAVE Cafe Rio!!!

This was Hubby's dinner...

This was mine... sweet pork, I love you!


We spent 2 full days at Temple Square. It was beautiful, spiritual, relaxing and inspiring. We toured all the sites, ate at The Lionhouse Pantry (yum!), The Garden (yum too!), and went through a session in the Temple. Amazing. I can't wait to go back.


Our next stop was Vegas to visit Ben's maternal grandparents. On our way there we had to stop by St. George to walk the grounds of the St. George Temple. This is where Ben's grandparents and parents were married.





We didn't do any "Vegasy" things except going to see the Bellagio fountains. They were pretty and neat to watch, however as soon as they were done I was ready to get off the strip and so we did. I wasn't a fan of "Vegas"...which I knew I wouldn't be. But I am glad we got to see Ben's grandparents and a few other family members. We even got to go through a session at the Vegas Temple with his grandparents who hadn't been in over 6 months due to poor health. It was a great experience to be there with them.


We love road trips and that was by far the most fun we had just doing what we wanted to do... hitting the road with 10 days to spare. We would do it again in a heart beat! As much fun as we had though... it was so nice to get back home and get back to our every day routine. After being gone so long, there really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment