Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Missouri - Here we come!

Ben and I just confirmed our trip to Missouri in June!


I am so excited to go back to the place that I lived for 16 years of my life and see my dad:

Love my dad. You get what you see with him. He may not show a whole lot of emotion or enthusiasm all the time but he has a BIG heart and he is a good man. I can't wait to spend some time with him and be the breath of fresh air in his every day routine!

I also get to see my sister from another mister, best friend of 8 years, Jess!!!
We are so much a like yet so different. Our friendship has been tested by life changes and the miles between us but for some reason or another we still keep in touch and always start off right where we left. She is my absolute, hands down, forever friend. Love her!
Here are a few pictures from
the past 4-5 years:


I have not been to Missouri in 4 years...and Ben and I have not been in the 3 years that we have been married! Needless to say, we are much over due for a trip.

Jess and I have already made it clear that we are going to take advantage of every minute we have together. I only get a few days with her so we plan on staying up all night (sleeping is over rated when you are with your best friend) and catching up on life while:

Crafting... for our beginner Etsy Shop: "The Eclectic Pear"


Along with crafting, I am sure we will have our fair share of Strawberries and our "Magic" Cream Cheese Icing that we discovered some years ago and other delicious snacks.... and don't forget the must have chick flicks!

Have I mentioned how excited I am to go to Missouri?! I look forward to showing Ben around the town I grew up in... where I lived, where I went to school, my favorite places to eat... everything!!

I am also looking forward to:

Andy's Frozen Custard!!!!!!!! YUM!
We just got an "In and Out Burger" here in my area and I'd have to say Andy's is to me what "In and Out Burger" is to all those who are freaking out about it here. Except...Andy's is all frozen custard...no burgers or fries.

As much as I love being a "Texan" and living in the state where I was born... I so look forward to going back to the place where most of my memories were made.

1 comment: