Thursday, April 7, 2011

A few of my favorite recipes recently...

(like Panda Express but much better for you)
I am not a huge fan of pre-packaged freezer foods so instead of using the frozen popcorn chicken, I just used skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut up into pieces (no breading). Serve with brown rice. YUM!


This is waaaay delicious. It's more saucy than the picture looks.


B and I loved these bread sticks! I didn't have time to make the yeast kind so I found this recipe to try in only 30 minutes! They are dense and buttery/lightly crunchy on the bottom (yum!) We thought they would make great biscuits so this morning I made the same dough and instead shaped them into biscuits, baked and had them with jam and they were awesome and fast!

Anyone from the South (or on a budget) knows how gross and how delicious this meal can be! If you find the right recipe (they all vary drastically) then you might just be hooked! This recipe was my first attempt at Rice and Beans. Totally customizable. I'm in love.


I know I have mentioned these before but seriously... you must make them! They are easy and delicious and beat the snot out of hot pockets or any other pre-packed sandwich (ick). Might I add that they are much better for you too? You don't have to stick with the same filling all the time either... you could switch it up! I make a batch of these and freeze them. They make the perfect last minute lunch or snack.


If you have kids (or just love PB&J) you've got to try this recipe! I made it for the kids' snack one day and it was a winner for sure! I didn't have any heavy cream on hand so I just made a glaze using powdered sugar and 2%milk. It was delicious! If you don't have a oven safe skillet just use a loaf pan.


I made these cookies over the weekend and they are pretty much amazing. They have a combo of peanut butter, chocolate and oats... I'll definitely be making more of these in the near future!


So, so, so, so yummy! Absolutely fantastic! Sometimes the words "Cheese Ball" make me cringe... but this one makes me jump for joy! It is simple, delicious and perfect to bring to any kind of get together!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I'm definitely going to have to try some of these!!

    ReplyDelete