We have been dreaming of our first home since we got married 3 years ago. Luckily, what we like and see as the "it" home is the same for both of us. We definitely want some land and an open floor plan among other things.
The other day we were driving by some storage sheds for sale along the highway and B said, "How about we live in a barn?" I must admit I laughed and said something along the lines of... "No way, I am not going to buy a dinky old barn and live in it... we wouldn't have central heating and air and it just doesn't make any sense!"
Sandra Bullock's sarcastic "I've always wanted to get married in a barn!" comment from The Proposal popped into my mind.
I figured the only way I would want to live in a barn is if somehow we could transform it into a house. Well... its show and tell time because I have found my inspiration and as crazy as I may sound... I really do LOVE the idea of "living in a barn"...
First, Check out this cute little storage shed turned into a charming craft/office space! I LOVE how they put french doors on the shed!

This swing hanging from the rafters is genius. What kid (or adult) wound't want to have a swing like this in their home?!! I love the open feeling of this space!

I love the idea of opening the "wall" and bringing the outside in...especially on a beautiful spring day, or when you have lots of family and friends over!

This space is very country/lofty... once again... loving the openness!

How cute is the door to this bedroom? Love the style and Love the mustard color!
So simple and unique...just the way I like it!

This would be the perfect bunk house or shared room among sisters.
It looks so refreshing and simple!

Back to the whole "open wall" concept... Keeping the traditional barn-style doors definitely adds some creativity to the space! I just love the idea of opening the doors up like this on occasion. I would want a regular entry door as well.
Loving the look of this barn home. It's modern but still holds country flair.
This barn house is gorgeous! Love the burnt red and all the windows!
This barn house kind of reminds me of an old school house on steroids... I love the contrast between the siding and the garage doors. I also like that the garage is underneath the main level of the house.

Another gorgeous barn. I love the natural wood tones and the land around it!

There is something about this barn that is charming. Maybe it's the shabby chicness of the white paint and the style of the windows. It's simple and comforting.

Who says Red and Green are only for Christmas?! This barn is hands down amazing. The sage green, subtle grayish blue and the bright pop of red is enough to make me head over heals for this place!!

I am pretty much convinced! It may not be our first home...and it may not be our last but someday, some where, some how... I might just find myself living in a barn, willingly and happily!



WOW! What gorgeous and inspiring ideas! I'll have to tuck those away for our Mendon renovations.
ReplyDeleteshowlive影音視訊聊天網-色情美女視頻聊天網站
ReplyDeleteshowlive-美女裸體免費聊天網站
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-免費女主播聊天室
live173影音視訊live秀-Q臺妹-真人摳逼裸聊
live173影音live秀 每日限量特-國外免費開放裸聊室
live173 視訊美女-免費進入裸聊室
live173視訊影音live秀-免費夫妻視頻真人秀
live173影音視訊live秀-免費進入主播裸聊室
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-裸聊直播間免費
live173影音live秀-免費同城交友裸聊室